BALLS OF FURY
Table tennis is often recognized for the tricky nature the game has. Not only does the player have to think throughout the game, but they also have to move accordingly. It’s not just your skill, but also your spirit and mental capacity that is tested in the court.
So, come to NAALAM 2020 and play one of the best indoor sports to exist and test your capabilities and challenge your game. Not just to win, but to be happy at the sound of the ball.
And if you are willing to hit the ball, you might be the one to win the amazing range of prizes that NAALAM offers.
As John McErnie rightfully said, “I’ll let the racquet do the talking.”
Prizes worth: Rs. 8K
1. Participants can take part in either men’s singles or women’s singles categories which
would be in direct knockout format.
2. The table tennis event will be an open event and there will be division of category for
men and women based the number of participants. The minimum requirement for each
category is 10 members and if the number of participants are below the required number,
there will be only a single category where both men and women will need to play
3. A match is played best 2 of 3 games and the semi-final and final would be best 3 of 5
games. For each game, the first player to reach 11 points wins that game, however a game
must be won by at least a 2 point margin.
4. A point is scored after the ball is put into play (not just when the server wins the point as
5. The edges of the table are part of the legal table surface, but not the side.
6. Each player serves 2 points in a row and then switch service. However, if a score of 10-10
is reached in any game, then each server serves only one point and then the server is
7. After each game, players switch side of the table. In the final game, the players switch
side after either player reaches 5 points.
6. Legal serve: the ball must rests on an open hand palm. Then it must be tossed up at least
6 inches and struck so the ball first bounces on the server’s side and then the opponent’s
side. The serve is legal except that it touches the net, it is called a let serve. Let serves are
not scored and are reserved.
7. The referee’s decision is final.
8. Ideally, the players should bring their own rackets and balls. Otherwise, the organizers
will provide you with one.
9. Any unsportsmanlike behaviour will lead to disqualification. The organizers reserve
the right to disqualify.
Amithab Sankar- 8848883804