“Don't make fashion own you, but you decide what you are, what you want to express by the way you dress and the way to live."
Style, luxe, innovation, and a spotlight. Fashion is a way of expression, an outlet for creativity and a desire to be seen. NAALAM provides a platform to fulfill that desire. With people at the top of the fashion industry acting as judges, Alankara is one of NAALAM's most anticipated events, and an absolutely essential one for young trendsetters looking for an opportunity to learn and gain exposure.
Registration Fee: Rs. 2500/Team
Prizes Worth: Rs. 60K
1. There is no team cap.
2. Each team should consist of a minimum of 9, and a maximum of 18 participants. Only student
participants are allowed.
3. The stage should not remain empty for more than 30 seconds between each sequence.
4. The time allotted for each team is 12 minutes, which includes 2 minutes for stage setting and the
like. A penalty will be imposed for violating the prescribed time limit: 2 points will be deducted for
every extra 10 seconds used.
5. Usage of props is allowed. These are to be brought by the teams themselves. Teams are requested to submit the prop list prior to the competition. The organisers hold the discretion to allow or disallow the prop on stage. The organisers shall not bear any responsibility in case of loss or damage of the same.
6. Pre-recorded music or tracks shall be brought in a pen drive in .mp3 format only (as other formats may not be supported on the computer, use them at your own risk).
7. Alankara is an open theme event. Teams are free to pick a theme for themselves, and to have a background narration of the theme as well.
8. Light and sound requirements must be informed to the organisers prior to the event. A team manager is requested to be present near the light and sound engineer 5 minutes before the
performance of the team.
9. Vulgarity of any kind is not allowed and the team engaging in the same will be disqualified. If the team feels that any stunt or costume design could be considered vulgar, it is strongly advised to consult the organisers before bringing it on stage. The decision of the organisers will be final in case of any disputes arising in this regard.
10. Performers have to clear the stage after their performance, otherwise heavy penalties will be
imposed by the organisers.
11. Any kind of fluid, powder, flame or heavy object is not allowed on stage.
12. The decision of the judges shall be final and binding. Any doubts shall be intimated to the organisers in writing. The same will look into the matter within 24 hours.
13. On any issues regarding the interpretation of any of the aforementioned rules, the interpretation of the organisers shall be final.
14. If there arises a dispute on any matter not covered by the above rules, the organisers shall take the final call.
*College ID or a bonafide certificate needs to be produced at the time of the event.
Nikita Giju: 9656220948